Saturday, May 10, 2008

Wind chill, wind schmiel...

Yesterday I was outside for most of the day. Which is not a bad spot to be on May 9th. Much better than pushing papers around a desk. Except that it was HOT out there.

I think the news said it was 97 yesterday. After the rain we had earlier in the week, the humidity was high, too. So we had the heat index hovering over 100 degrees all afternoon.

Since it looks like summer is here a month early, I added a new feature to the site, a pool-time counter. We may not make much use of our YMCA membership during the rest of the year, but when the outdoor pool opens, we live up there. The pool opened last weekend and we did not make it out, but that changed as of this afternoon. Plus, the kiddie pool has already made it's debut in the back yard. It was out a couple of days last week.

Today we waited to go swimming until after The Talker's soccer game. So we only lasted an hour. Anyone want to start a pool on how much time we stay wet this summer.

3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Mike, Mike Mike...

If you only knew the power of the "Wind Chill"...

Fear is the path to the Wind Chill. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. Suffering is what the Wind Chill is all about.

Give in to the Wind Chill...

Ok, ok, ok... In all honesty, I would much rather be "bone chattering" cold, that "petri dish" hot and moist... So, I gotta give you the point on your title!

Mike said...

The rational goes like this:

You can always pile on more clothes, coats, blankets, whatever. But if I walk outside appropriately dressed for 100 degrees and 1000% humidity, then I am probably looking at felony time for perverting the neighborhood's morals.

Or for blinding the whole place with my whitey-ness.

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's going on here in Hot-Lanta, but that batch o' nastiness pushed through with a cold front last night. Hit 50 last night and only supposed to be 75 today with low humidity.

I couldn't be happier. Course, our pool opens today which means I'm gonna freeze certain valuables off, but hey, if it keeps the kids happy after dinner then I'll sacrifice it!