Saturday, July 02, 2005

OK, I admit it, I am a potty mouth

I am trying to be careful of what I say around the kids. Because it is SO attractive to hear your 3 year old son dropping curse words like a sailor. And yes, I have a long way to go. Damn it.

So along those lines, we have been reinforcing with The Talker that he needs to use "good words", not "bad words". In turn he often reminds me to watch what I say.

Tonight in the car, he said "Oh my gracious!" when he got excited. The Boss Lady and I were both impressed when he didn't say "Oh my God!"

We praised him for choosing his "good words". But maybe our cheering came a little to early. Because then the boy busted in with "See Mommy, I didn't say the damn it words, like daddy."

After The Boss Lady and I stopped laughing, I remembered that I still have some more work to do.

No comments: