Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Still AtHomeDaddy

I accepted a job offer this afternoon so AtHomeFam will soon go through a big transition. I'll be starting a new job and the kids will be switching to a new school, out in the school district where The Boss Lady and I will both be working.

The wife has less than a 15 mile drive to get to work. The kids new school is several miles closer to our house and the high school where I will be working is smack in between those two. It looks like we will be able to car pool frequently.

In the end this is not my dream job, but it is certainly a step in the right direction. Hopefully next school year I'll be ready to handle a class of my own.

5 comments:

the wahdad said...

Fantastic! Congratulations! You are an inspiration to the rest of us.
Don't stop writing though.

Rick said...

This dream job you speak of - does it involve sitting around the house all day drinking Dr. Pepper?

The Father of Five said...

A. Fantastic!! First round is on AtHomeDaddy!!!

B. Carpool - GREAT!! I am a little jealous of this. Gas eats up a big portion of our monthly budget, and I am always trying to find ways to consolidate trips...

C. Glad to hear your still AtHomeDaddy.. Will you have summers off? I think that consititues enough to keep the moniker...

Heck - I have one that's out of the nest, but keep the "Father of Five" moniker..

----------------------

Couldn't be happier for you man! It sounds like the PERFECT first step back into the world of work - and will undoubtedly only lead to bigger and better things for you in the future!!

Mike said...

Rick, when I had THAT job I didn't have enough $ to afford the Dr Pepper.

So this will at least give me 2 1/2 months in the summer, one week at TGiving and 2 weeks at Christmas break to sit and drink DP.

Basically I'll be off of work when the kids are out of school.

Rick said...

How is the new job going?