Monday, June 13, 2005

Dog Days of Summer, Part 8

The furry cousins are here for a few more days. They have really settled into our house pretty well. Except for the pretty cat. They won't leave her alone for anything. She only comes out once a day to et a quick snack, but they seem to find her every time.

I am a little afraid for the dogs because I think she is getting fed up. And she is armed. No one has trimmed her claws in a while. I am sure that she could make them into puppy hamburger meat in no time.

This morning she was sitting on the safe side of the puppy gate, just daring them to stick a nose or an ear underneath. And I have to admit, I was a little anxious to see it myself.

Nothing like a little bloodsport to get the week off to a good start.

But they were smart enough to stay at paws distance. Instead, they got bored an went outside to chew up a dump trucks.

Running tally of damages, I think we are now even. The dogs are have officially erased the dog-dish-debt.

No comments: