Saturday, June 11, 2005

When is Our Summer Break?

Summers were a lot of fun when I was a kid. I liked 'em so much that I made a 15 year career out of summer time, by working at summer camps and kid's recreation programs that were busiest during the break from school. But being a SAHD has changed that a little.

I still love the fun stuff to do during summer, except swimming, I'm not much on swimming. Once I stayed home, The Boss Lady started working more summers. And now, this summer we are both trying to work a little. And I gotta say, I really like NOT working.

When The Boss and I were both full-timers at work, our schedules were almost opposites. When she was busiest, I was in my slower season. And in the summer, I worked like crazy while she napped and ate Bon Bons while watching As the World Turns. But even though I often worked a lot of summer hours, it was nice to come home while the sun was still up and have a little time to play with REAL dogs and to just hang out.

Am I a Bum? Probably. Lazy? Definitely. Lack of drive and motivation? You know it. And I like it that way, so go away. American Chopper is on. And my Bon Bons are melting.

No comments: