Monday, August 08, 2005

Weekend Recap

Friday was a surprise day for AtHomeDaddy! Usually I like surprises, but I am leary of them this time of year. The Boss Lady has started back to her full time school year schedule. Being an idiot, I thought the transition would occur this week. So I was looking forward to her having one last Friday off. And I had lots of great plans.

But, I am a moron. Turns out the previous Friday was my last day of freedom and I did not take full advantage of it. This past week, she not only had to work on Friday, she put in a half day on Saturday.

We went to Sis's house for a really late birthday party on Saturday afternoon. Is it really a birthday party if you hold it 4 months after the fact? Someone should call the party authorities on her.

Sunday we visited a church in our neighborhood. We have been driving across town to go to church for almost 10 years, except for a couple of years that we lived in that neighborhood. Now, we are anxious to find somewhere a little closer to home. It was odd to see people from our neighborhood sitting in the church with us. But I think it is something that could really work for us.

Sunday afternoon, we napped. Everyone. At once. The kids snoozed for 3 hours, the wife for 2, and I crashed for about 200 miles, right in the middle of the Brickyard 400.

All in all, a good weekend and a good end to the summer, even if it did happen a week too late. Of course, if my sister was in charge, the summer would not end until December...

No comments: