Monday, October 16, 2006

That's going to hurt

I hit the gym tonight for the first time in a long time, sadly. August was just too busy, with The Boss Lady starting the school year in her brand new school. So I only made it up there a couple of times. And now today is the 16th, and this is the first time this month I made it in.

September, you ask? I don't know where it went. But I never made it into the gym the entire month of September. And I now have 5 extra pounds to prove that fact.

Tonight The Boss Lady took the kids swimming and I hit the gym. 25 minutes on the elliptical machine and then a couple of sets on 13 different resistance machines. I backed off the weights to where I started, back in July. So maybe that will keep the sore muscles at bay.

Yeah, right. Remind me of that in the morning, when I can't get out of bed.

I was brought to action this weekend, when Rick invited me on a November weekend camping/hiking trip with some of his buddies in Tennessee. I would feel really bad if I drove 1000 miles to camp and then had a stroke on the trail and Rick and four guys I don't know had to drag my fat corpse out of the woods.

So I hit the gym. And I plan to do it again in a few days, if I can still move a muscle in the morning.

Now pass the Advil, will you?

2 comments:

Rick said...

Your an optimist if you think we would drag your corpse out of the woods.

Mike said...

Well, after two trips to the gym and a brisk walk yesterday, there ARE a few ounces less to drag...