Saturday, June 23, 2007

I think I took a wrong turn at the carburetor

The rain let up for a few hours today. So I rushed out and mowed the front lawn as soon as I woke up at the crack of 9 AM. It rained a little this afternoon and afterward the skies were a nice bright blue, so I ran out and mowed the backyard.

I was just getting a good start with the weed-eater when I had to stop and change the lines. It was starting to sprinkle , but I was determined to reload the machine and finish up the job. Until I tried to start the weed-eater. The rope broke. Crap crap crappity crap. And then it rained a little more.

Later I decided to take a look at the weed-eater. I am surely smart enough to fix that danged trimmer. So I started removing the cover.

I stopped when I realized that I still had not gotten to the part I needed. But I did have a nice pile of weed-eater parts, including the the carburetor and the gas tank laying 6 feet away, on the workbench. So I gave up, since I was fed up and I closed up the machine.

And then it rained a little more. And it is supposed to keep it up all week. Crap crap crappity crap.

No comments: