Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer Break!

The Boss Lady is on her summer break for a couple of weeks. She is looking forward to loads of quality time with the kids. And I am looking to accommodate her dreams. So I'll be hiding out a lot in the next few weeks.

They are all off at swim lessons now. I was going to get up early and hit a hiking trail for a few miles. But the house was nice and quiet so I did the responsible thing. I went back to bed and slept like a baby.

I need to pitch in a little and clean house today. We might end up with a few surprise visitors after our family reunion on Saturday. And I have been a complete slob this week. I would blame it on the kids, but their rooms are the only half-way clean spaces in the house right now.

4 comments:

Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

Sounds like you've got a little down time to do the meme I tagged you for. Come on over and see.

Will said...

Oh, the joys of home ownership. If only I had the same woes. Happy Father's Day man.

Ginger said...

Does she take over the housework and laundry and childcare while she is on summer break?

Mike said...

Ginger,

Short answer, yes

Long answer, sometimes yes