Monday, November 19, 2007

Guy's night out

The Boss Lady and The Princess headed down to Pop's place this morning. They are spending the night and heading home in the morning.

This afternoon, the boy and I cruised the neighborhood and met up with loads of neighbors to play for a couple of hours before dark. One it was too late to play outside, we headed to dinner. I left the location up to him and the boy picked well. We ended up at Texas Roadhouse.

While we were eating, The Talker looked at me and said "Dad, this is cool. Just you and me eating out. I like it." Nothing real profound, but it did make me realize that this is the first time The Talker and I have been out to dinner together, by ourselves since... Well, I am not sure it has ever happened.

But I bet it will happen again.

9 comments:

MS CUTE PANTS said...

Aww what a nice father son moment! These are the type of comments my mom wishes she'd hear from my brother & I, & while we may not state the obvious, we definitely know it's a special moment! It's for this reason we call her, Captain Obvious!

SO, enjoy the years where he states the obvious, for before long he may not do it anymore...

The Father of Five said...

When you have more than one, it is very nice when you have the chance to spend time with one of them!

That's the way to make lifetime memories!

AMR said...

My son and I even went so far as to stay in a hotel together in a city 90 miles away before visiting a museum the next morning. We just talked and talked. It was expensive, but it was oh so worth it.

Here's to hoping time and obligations don't prevent us from doing this with our children more often!

Anonymous said...

LOVE that you had some alone time with your little guy. Those are moments I enjoy with my Princess!

Ginger said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Try not to eat too much.

Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

Excellent choice of restaurant. I was going to be disappointed if you had said you just ran to a little cafe for a slice of quiche and little cup of tomato bisque.

Anonymous said...

The only thing that would make that moment better is having your son pay for the meal. That's what Buck would have done. Trust me, I know first hand.

Anonymous said...

It is a great experience. I've had a few with my 8 year old. I need to find a way to have more with my daughter.

Happy Thanksgiving!

All the best,

Art

Terry said...

It is those little moments that sneak up on you.. Hope you and the Talker are able to share more of these moments in the future!! :) Me and the Boy Wonder shared at moment at Papa's house this Saturday, but it was sinister and I do not want to repeat it!