Thursday, September 06, 2007

Blaming my mother in law...

It is all The Boss Lady's Fault. Or maybe it is The Mother of the Bride's Fault. Whichever. They are the ones who brought the blue chair into my house. So now I sit.

And since the TV is right there across the living room, I watch while I sit...

AND since last week was the first weekend of the college football season...

AND since I complain every year about missing some good college football games...

AND halfway through every past football season I have wished that I had setup the sports package on our satellite system...

AND our Alma Mater was slated for a nationally broadcast butt-kicking, which I wanted to watch anyways...

AND I wasn't about to shell out $30 to watch THE team that I actually care about...

I ordered up the sports package on out satellite system.

Something like 40 channels of sports programming (though most of them are showing one of 5 or 6 things at the same time...) And so far, I think it might be the best $12 a month of The Boss Lady's money I ever spent.

But if I had known I was buying my own 12th Anniversary present, I might have gone for a riding lawnmower. 'Cause you can sit and get fat while doing that, too.

3 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Hi AtHomeDaddy!

Great Post - put a smile on my face.

You see, one of my friends / co-workers / new dad just got a FREE riding tractor from another co-worker. He is blogging about fixing it up - you may get jelous (as I have - grin)...

Check it out HERE

He's a really fun guy, and has a good blog going!

David.

Will said...

The mower would've last longer as well. Could be worse, my alma matter is still living in the shadow of a coach who's been dead for 24 odd years.

KC said...

You can't mow in the rain, but you can always watch sports channels ;)