Friday, September 16, 2005

Wise Beyond Her Years

The Princess is possibly the least blogged about member of our family. Excepting the cats, but if you count them as family, then you may leave, now. But I want share a little about our 16 month old girl child.

A few weeks ago I started keeping a list of all of the words she says. Not just parroting words, she will repeat anything, but words that she uses repeatedly and purposefully.

The list got too long and I got distracted by other stuff. Plus, I did not expect it to be a list of more than 25 words or so. When I last counted, the list was approaching a hundred words. There are lots that we have not written down. I did not alphabetize the list at the start and it turned into a pain, making sure that a word was not already included.


I'll refrain from sharing the whole list but here are some highlights of The Princess' word list:

Meee!
Mine!
Mama
crackers
puppy
beans
car
buckles
yellow
Thank you
You're elcome
nose
booger
Wha happen?
Where Daddy go?
pink
kittyeee
more

16 months. The Talker better watch out, or he will be getting a new blog name for Christmas. Maybe something like He Who Doesn't Talk as Much as Little Sister

No comments: