Sunday, January 01, 2006

It might be a long year...

I hope this is not a sign of things to come for 2006.

I just spilled my very first Dr Pepper of the year. Right into the dishwasher. That I was still emptying of last year's clean dishes. And since all of those dishes are now dirty again, the dirty dishes in the sink won't fit in this load.

Starting the year with a sink full of dirty dishes... Sigh.



I am thinking I should copyright that phrase. It might make a good blues album title or it could become the title of Dr Phil's next book.

2 comments:

Noir Muse said...

Oh AHD, That's no good. I too, am very superstitious about omens on the New Year. As for myself, I ate black eyed peas on the first to negate any bad luck that may have accumulated. I would have suggested it to you as well had I known about your Dr. Pepper incident. :) (But really – if that’s the worst that happened you’re probably in the clear. After all, you know what they say about spilled Dr. Pepper...)
All the best to you and your family in 2006!

Mike said...

We ate black eyed peas, too. Twice. And I might have the left overs for lunch today, just to be sure.

Thanks for the warm wishes, and back at you and yours.