Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I know it wern't the pizza

'cause she would not touch it...

But The Princess is barfing like a puke flavored fountain this morning. The body count so far:

Barf on Clifford the Big Red Dog toy, and the sheets and blankets on her bed. Barf in the hall, on the way to the bathroom. Barf in the bathroom. Barf on our bed (and The Boss Lady's pillow - sorry about that one, Honey).

The leather couch? Barf squared. She has already nailed it a few times. The new IKEA footstool? You betcha. The new living room rug? Yep. There is now another shade of brown on the area rug.

An worst of all, barf on Daddy. Great for effect if you are a kid, but bad if you are worried about barf-back. Yep. Every time I see, smell, hear, touch or God forbid, taste barf, I heave. Luckily, this time I did not repay the girl. Not yet.

Right now the girl is watching The Backyardigan's, sitting in a plastic tub and wearing a trash bag robe and NOT barfing. Me and big brother? We are trying to stay away from the puke-a-saurus. And wearing our most puke resistant trash bag clothes.

Anyone want to come over to play and mop?

9 comments:

LID said...

Shop Vac's work well for liquid clean ups too, ya know! Also, Bissell's Little Green Machine is an invaluable tool in the arsenal (use the pet deodorizer cleaner for all applications). I'll let you get back to your moppin'

Mike said...

never tried the shop vac...

Care to drive to Texas and give me a demo with YOUR shop vac? I'll supply the barfing machine.

LID said...

Y'know other guys think we sit home watch sports and drink beer all day -- if they only knew the half of it!
We all hope The Princess feels better.

jen said...

Man! That really stinks! (I'm sure literally, too!) Sorry to hear about the Princess. Isn't crazy how they just get sick all of a sudden? I hope you and the rest of the family can avoid it. In the meantime, enjoy the trash bag attire.

Mike said...

After she barfed up a pop tart that big brother snuck her, I can now say 2 things:

I love concrete kitchen floors and

Payback is a bitch, ain't it, baby?

Rick said...

Sure barf blows, but it could be worse. It could be a really crappy situation.

Anonymous said...

Rick & At Home Daddy--Princess saved the real mess for Mommy when she got home. It wasn't exactly crappy--but it smelled like death in the Texas sun! The talker snuck her some Tater Tots and sprite. Luckily, she kept those and some medication down (for now). There are some days I'm glad I get to go to work.

Mike said...

OH, believe me, Rick, we had that going for us, too.

I just did not want to mention it, lest I be considered crude on thisblog posting.

Terry said...

I have a very sensitive gag reflex myself, and I just want to say it was difficult to read the entire post.I did gag once !!