Thursday, February 21, 2008

Time to sell this dump?

How can the three smallest rooms in the rouse take the longest to clean?

I just spent well over an hour cleaning a bathroom. That I can't even stretch my arms across without hitting a sink or a towel rack. Are we really the dirtiest people in the history of our neighborhood? I am starting to think that we might be.

Granted, the bathroom has not gotten a good scrub down in a while, but dang.

And our kitchen. That itty-bitty space where dinner comes from. No, NOT SONIC, smartass... How can a room that small get such a coating of gunk all over it? Do we just eat way more grease-soaked foods than anyone else, or what? Besides, what is this film of ooze all over everything?

In answer to the ooze question? I quit thinking about it. And used bleach. Lots and lots of bleach.

After all of that effort, our kitchen and bathrooms are sparkling clean. Of course, you need a gas mask to go in any of those rooms. The bleach fumes are pretty gnarly right now.

But I bet the place would photograph well for a real-estate sales flyer. 'Cause you can't smell the bleach on those.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just be thankful that you don't have to bleach the walls like some of us have to here in Bermuda. Now THAT is anything but fun!

Anonymous said...

For years, we men have labored under the, I believe incorrect, assumption that women keep neater bathrooms than men do.

In my experience, they do not. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that they never lift the toilet seat and so they don't see what growing down in there.

But we men do and Bleach is our friend!