Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guess it's good I didn't go...

I missed a camping trip with Rick and the Alabama gang last weekend.  I am also missing the trip this weekend, because they went when camping I wasn't expecting them to go camping.  And evidently they aren't camping when I thought they were.  So I guess there is not much point in driving to Alabama this morning.


As late as Sunday afternoon, about the time that those guys were coming back into civilization and resuming their normal lives, I was still trying to figure out a way to get myself to northern Alabama for their fall camping trip.  I had been telling Rick since August that I couldn't make the trip, but I finally and permanently resolved that it just couldn't be done this year.  On Sunday.  

Seems that I should learn to work a calendar better.  That or quit spending my precious few brain cells thinking about camping trips that I have officially declined to attend.



Of course, did I tell you that The Mother of the Bride will be here?  All weekend?  

Maybe it is time for that road trip after all.  Rick, whatcha doing Saturday?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright, silver lining time...

MOB should help with the kids right? Leaving you with a lil free time?

Russ said...

That is next weekend for me, MOB and FOB will be here. That scream you here will be me.

The Father of Five said...

We have some BEAUTIFUL camping spots up here! Just a hop skip and a jump up Interstate 35!

Rick said...

Working on the truck and attending a trebuchet pumpkin tossing contest.