Monday, September 13, 2004

What the Heck?

Yesterday The Princess screamed from 7:30 am until 10pm. It is not often that I ditch The Boss Lady and run off, but I took a nice drive around the neighborhood at dinnertime just for some quiet. No radio and windows down. It would have been cool if my cruise had been in a nice convertible or an old classic truck, but the world's-least-reliable-minivan provided a quick escape, so away we went. Also, the realization that I might breakdown and get stranded was very appealing after 8 hours of screaming!

This morning I suspect The Boss Lady was ready to get to work, just to avoid the repeat of Sunday. At 7am I was trying to get ready for the onslaught of screaming. It never came. This child tried her darnedest to imitate her older brother. She was one laid back baby. Happy all day.

She and I laid in the living room floor and laughed at each other for two hours while The Talker napped. What a blast!

I am afraid that the gig is up, though. See, my usual excuse for getting nothing done around the house is "The baby cried everytime I put her down...". Today's reason, "We had too much fun to stop and clean the house.

A few more days like this and The Boss Lady will start expecting a clean house. All in all, I think I can squeeze in a few minutes with the vacuum cleaner if The Princess will stay this happy, but it might take another few days of laughing on the living room rug to know for sure.

No comments: