Thursday, September 16, 2004

Wanna Mess Up Your Own Brain?

The Queen Mother and Dad will be proud to know that The Talker is currently infatuated with a tape of Disney songs that includes the classic I'm My Own Grandpa. Everytime we get in the van, he wants to hear this tape.

Add that to the book that I am currently reading, which happens to include lots of information about polygamy and the family structures that result from guys marrying their own step-daughters.

While we are riding in the van this morning, I'm My Own Grandpa comes on and I am sitting there wondering if I should let my son hear this song that espouses (pun fully intended, I worked hard for it, so I want credit) fundamental Mormon theology.

But the option was to hear The Talker whining and wanting the music back on, so we just sang along.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what's the name of that disney tape your kid likes? i'm trying to find it.

Mike said...

I'll have to look for it