Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Day one and I am D-O-N-E!

I think I shall shortly be growing some new respect for working parents. Today was the first day of classes at The Princess' school. We were late. Let's just get that out there right now.

I would blame it on the little old lady in the Honda that I got stuck behind for 3 1/2 miles of the 4 1/2 mile trip, but in reality, I tried to get too much done this morning. So now we know that a grocery run WILL NOT fit between dropping the boy off for school and getting to work at The Princess' school on time.

Must plan better later.

Now? After spending all morning helping kids on the playground, my feet are too tired to move. I'll be in the blue chair if you need me.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Poor Mike, getting paid to play. Weren't you doing that for free last week?

Mike said...

You betcha.

But with my own kids I could wander off and find somewhere to sit down once in a while. With these guys I guess I am getting paid to stand up all day.