Sunday, September 09, 2007

Good stuff!

Since our 12th anniversary weekend has meant a lot of reminiscing about the past, I present you with a marginally applicable link to Time Magazine's 50 Worst Cars of All Time.

Also, I think I have a crush on the guy who wrote this list. Dan Neil, Pulitzer Prize-winning automotive critic and syndicated columnist for the Los Angeles Times is my new hero of sarcastic phrase-ology.

A side note, I was once offered a choice for my first car. I could have either a tan 1969 VW Bug or a yellow 1978 AMC Pacer (aka The Road Toad). I chose the one that did not make this list.

4 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Just catching up on the posts of school starting,etc. Loved reading all of it. Thanks for stopping by my place.
Mama Bear

Ginger said...

Oh the Pinto, Corvair and Gremlin. Were they really all that bad? And was he an automobile critic when he won the pulitzer?

Mike said...

The Pinto and Corvair would blow up for you, though Rob never managed to turn his Pinto into a fireball. The Gremlin was the tract house of cars. Everybody had one and they were all ugly.

Dan Neil

The Father of Five said...

Last fall, while driving a rural farm road, I saw one of the "Top 50" for sale.

I almost bought it!