Monday, November 05, 2007

Quantity time is over-rated

I am thinking about just skipping the whole time change next year. And maybe every year until the kids are grown AND out of my house.

You see, time change sucks. It was dark at like 3 in the afternoon yesterday. The Princess wasn't tired at bedtime, so it was a fall back to the old standard hour ordeal to get her to sleep. Lately we have gotten pre-sleep negotiation time down to 20-25 minutes per night. Or to put it another way, we have been THRILLED to ONLY spend 2 1/2 hours a week putting the sleep monster to bed.

But now the farmers come along and screw up the kid's sleep schedule. To heck with the corn crop, I need this kid to sleep. And I need her to stay asleep once she is there.

This morning The Princess bounds out of bed at 6:11, wanting me to peel an apple, to eat powdered -sugar donuts and to paint with water colors. First of all, we have no donuts. Secondly, do you really want to give a guy like me a knife at 6:12 in the morning? And point C is...

Well, I don't have a point C. If I had gotten to sleep worth a dang, I might be able to bring up point C...

2 comments:

Terry said...

Yeah, the sky is completely dark in Massachusetts by 4:30.. But when you have to make 4am deliveries, going to bed at 7pm ain't so bad!!!

Love Bears All Things said...

I hate it too. It effects us all,not just children. We just hide it better. J was ready to go to bed before 8:30 last night, wondering aloud why he had been so tired lately. I told him, it was the time change. The body hasn't adjusted yet. It takes a couple of weeks.
Mama Bear