Monday, September 01, 2008

It's been a bad year for woodworking

Last year, in this post, and over here, too, I lamented the fact that I was spending hours out in the garage, using my drill press to punch 3/4 inch holes in tennis balls.

Back then I drilled about 300 balls. Most for The Boss Lady's school. Today I drilled a couple of hundred more tennis balls. These are all going to The Princess' pre-school.

Anyways, when I was setting up the workbench to get started, I started looking around for a 3/4 inch spade bit. Last year, after a lot of trial and error (and a few cut fingers) I decided that this was the perfect way to bore the holes. And there I was, almost ready to go,when I found my spade bit.

Still mounted in the drill press. With a tell-tale string of tennis ball yellow felt hanging off of it.

Which means it has been more than a year since I last used my drill press for anything OTHER THAN ruining several hundred brand new tennis balls.

SIGH.

3 comments:

Rick said...

I have made a few items this year, though I am embarrassed to admit they were all made out of MDF. Technically that is not woodworking.

Anonymous said...

E-bay the tools for chicken feed, haircuts and oatmeal!

Anonymous said...

I don't even remember the tools I have anymore. The kids use them more than I do I think. A cordless drill is a lot more fun than toys I guess.