Tuesday, September 08, 2009

14 years

People have done less time for murder. Of course, I live in Texas. Around here, people have probably been executed for forging their parent's names to elementary school field trip permission slips. So maybe the criminal justice system does not make for the best analogy.

Anyways, 14 years ago she said I do. And I immediately yelled "No take backs. I call it on the bouquet." Then I shot breath freshener up my nose... The rest of that story some other time.

Anyways, Wednesday is our 14th wedding anniversary. It hasn't exactly been June and Ward Cleaver. It has been messy. It has been fun. And if nothing else, it has been us, doing things our way. Together.

Thanks, Boss Lady.

CBH!

4 comments:

The Father of Five said...

Congratulations to both of you... Numbers in the "double digits" seem to be the exception, not the norm anymore... That tells us that you two are doing something right!!

From our family to yous, here's to the next 14!!

Mec said...

Doing time - I laughed my head off! I so wish I had come up with this one. I may have to borrow it when my anniversary rolls around. Of course all credit would go to you. I bet your wife has had the time of her life being married to someone so funny and smart. Congratulations to you both!

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing....
What a day!!!!
KRB

L said...

Congratulations! Congratulations! Can't say it enough! Have a wonderful weekend! May the years ahead be filled with more laughter, more love, more everything!