Monday, August 21, 2006

Want to trade a week of winter for two weeks of summer?

The kids and I are officially sick of summer. 25 days in a row of 100 degree heat and no rain for more than a month has worn us out. After all, we can only go swimming to escape the heat so many times. Last week I strung up some lights on the playscape. That way the kids can be out there after 8:30pm, when it is only 97.9 degrees. It is too hot to play out there after about 10:30 in the morning. Right about the time we usually hit our stride and WANT to go play outside.

This morning we are going to get the front yard watered and this weekend The Talker and I washed all three cars. The windows of the truck are rolled down and I am leaving them that way until it gets wet in there. So, short of doing a rain dance in the backyard, we have done everything I can think of to tempt some rain showers our way.

In other family news...



I got nuthin'. But did I tell you about the heat?

3 comments:

Rick said...

I have had the top down on the Miata for a couple of weeks now.

Heavy clouds, but no rain.

Anonymous said...

Come to my neighborhood where it's been in the 90s-100s with severe thunderstorms 3 to 4 times a week. On Sunday, the sun was shining and we had rain. No kidding. BIG drops of rain too. CRAZY stuff. But soon it'll be cooling down for everyone as FALL approaches....ahhh...

Mike said...

Fall.

Or as we call it in Texas, Still Summer.

But High heat with rain isn't any good, either. I want some 85 and rainy for a couple of days.