Thursday, August 23, 2007

The dog won't be going on this trip

I went and picked up my new backpack yesterday. I am now almost fully geared up for my backpacking trip in October. I'm still trying to decide if I should pick up a thicker sleeping bag.

After The Boss Lady got home I started trying out the new pack. I stuffed it full of my biggest pieces of camping gear and some towels. I wanted to see how big this thing really is. After I used up all of the beach towels in the house, and still had some room to spare, I decided it was plenty big for my needs.

I tried on the pack and I walked past The Big White Dog and he FREAKED OUT! He dang near ran me over to get away from the evil backpack. He never barked, but he was not going to staying the same room with that thing. It was pretty funny, so I kept up the torture for a few minutes before I let him into the yard. But after that, he wasn't too sure about hanging out with me for the rest of the night.

Before I let him in for the night I made sure to hide my new backpack in the bedroom closet. No sense in letting that silly bag attack my dog while I am not home.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I had a dog who was absolutely terrified of GARBAGE BAGS...No problem throwing the scrap food in the trash, he would not go near it!!