Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Working for a living

I have spent a few hours this week at the new job. The kids have been up there with me the entire time. I don't actually start staff training until the 27th, but I need a little time to get stuff set-up in the shed. What a deal, getting paid to clean a shed and watch my kids play on the playground at the same time.

Today we collected a bunch of scrap wood from around the school to use in our projects. Now I just have to sit down and figure out WHAT those projects will be.

Man this working all the time can wear a guy out.

4 comments:

Ginger said...

I totally missed that somewhere that you were going to go back to work.

Mike said...

Not a real job type of job. I don't think I'll ever be able to handle another 40 hr a week gig...

This is 3 days a week, 6 hours per day. I'm going to lead outdoor activities, woodworking, gardening and nature classes at a local preschool.

The girl will be there too, so I get paid to do what I am doing anyways. Just for a lot more kids.

Angel said...

Good luck Mike!

Ginger said...

Well, Mike, it still sounds a lot like work. Hope you have fun, too.