Sunday, August 26, 2007

Kindergarten, here we come!

The Talker is heading into the Great Unknown in the morning. The start of kindergarten is now less than a dozen hours away. He is ready. He is excited. His dad is neither.

The Talker and I have been almost inseparable for the last 5 years. From the day he came home from the hospital and I had to go yell at the remodeling guys across the street who decided to cut down a tree right at nap time, to our recent adventures through Lego Star Wars II on the Play Station 2, we have spent lots of quality time together.

I was looking forward to having some time like that with The Princess. But now that she and I are both going to be busy at the pre-school, we won't be spending all of our time together. Presently I am thinking I jumped the gun on getting her signed up for this program. Maybe we should have started in the spring.

As much as I want to hang out with him all day, The Talker's school is going to be his place alone for a few weeks. There are tons of volunteer opportunities up there, but I want him to have fun getting to leave his own mark on the place. So I'll wait until late September until I start looking for something to do up there.

The Princess and I will spend most of Monday at our school. Though staff training for the upcoming school year is NOT what I want to be doing tomorrow. But it should keep me from thinking too much about how much fun The Talker is having without me.

3 comments:

Angel said...

I hope they have a great day both of them. What a milestone!!! My peanut starts tomorrow and she's terrified which makes mommy worry FOR her. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

My 3rd started this week too -- it was hard for us. I thought it would get easier, 3rd time, -- but I think it was the hardest so far.

Terry said...

Awwww...