Monday, August 27, 2007

You won't find that move in the Daddy Handbook.

I was hanging out at the computer when I heard The Princess let out a blood curling scream followed by that long, deep breath of silence. Then the follow up wail came with even more gusto than the first.

Once I made it to the back of the house to investigate, The Boss Lady was already on the scene. The Princess was getting undressed for her bath while she was standing on the bathroom counter. Why was she up THERE? You try to figure the girl out. I am too busy bandaging her wounds to ask why she does anything...

I took her into our bedroom and got her laughing while she was laying on our bed. It seemed like the crisis was averted. Only a couple of red marks where she bounced off of the side of the potty when she was trying to fly.

Of course, she settled down quickly. Then she was laughing and we were playing Chase the Nekkid Kid across the bed. I guess I won the game. She took a face fist fall right off of our tall bed, onto the concrete floor. That is quality dadding right there! Lots of crying ans wailing ensued.

Simultaneous calls to a neighbor who is a pediatric ER nurse, (I HIGHLY recommend having one of these for a neighbor if you have kids.) and to our Pediatrician's overnight number yielded the same information. No real cause for alarm unless she starts to feel a lot worse.

So we are settling in for the night. The Bruised Up/Banged Up Princess doesn't act like she is any worse for the wear, but I don't know if I could possibly feel any worse than I do now.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Been there, done similar things. Can't go into it here. But she'll survive and you will forgive yourself.

MS CUTE PANTS said...

Cousins have gotten hurt under my watch & it's left me feeling bad to this day. Of course it's more so when it's your own kid, but my mom always says, kids are more resilient than adults. Glad she's ok, AHD & I hope you have stopped feeling bad...

Anonymous said...

You would hate to hear how many times we've actually been to the ER. Don't feel bad -- it really, could have been worse.