Monday, October 22, 2007

Trip Recap #1

I was going to work up a nice long post with excruciating detail about my road trip and camping trip in Alabama and Tennessee but now I think I'll break it up into smaller posts. Check back in a few days for the rest of the story.

I left town last Wednesday morning to head out on my road trip to Northern Alabama. Nothing too exciting happened on the road. The windshield got hit with a boulder and has two nice divots out of it now, but it never cracked. Since I was in The Boss Lady's car, so it is her problem, now!

After driving from 8 am until 9:30 pm, I stopped for the night in Meridian, Mississippi. Back on the road at about 7 am Thursday morning, it was raining like heck and the clouds were REALLY dark. Once I arrived in Huntsville, I found out that I spent most of the day driving in a tornado watch zone. THAT explains the really nasty looking clouds...

While I was cruising through Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi, I kept a list of the roadkill I saw. Looks like deer are a lot smarterer than raccoons, not nearly as many of those guys on the roadside. Maybe in my next post I'll give you the full body count.

Once I hit Huntsville, Alabama I cruised around town for a while. I thought I was waiting on Rick to finish up work for the day or for Terry to arrive in town. But she was already in town and he happened to be right down the street buying the last of his camping supplies. Once we all caught up at Rick's house, the fun started pretty quickly, with Maria hanging out in the driveway with us for a few hours.

As far as the rest of the weekend, you can just use your imagination. Actually, your imagination might not be crude enough. So use my imagination to see what we did, OK?

Or you can just wait around I'll get to it sooner or later. Unless your name is George Dickel. 'Cause you aren't invited to the rest of this party, so take a flying leap, old man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of a road kill tally. I'll remember that for my next long drive. Might keep the boredom at bay.