Monday, February 21, 2005

Screw Housework

The AtHomeTrio is heading out to the park this morning to hang out. Our house is a disaster. The toys have won the revolution. The dishes attacked on a second front and there were mass casualties.

I am sure I'll change my mind quickly this afternoon. The Queen Mother and Dad will be in town tonight and Tuesday. Luckily, they have heard reports from the front and will be staying at a hotel. So we will have to get some of this stuff picked up, but maybe not until tonight.

Anybody got a few extra 'grenades or a Bobcat tractor I could use to clean up this house?

Yeah, it may be a SAHD's work, but I ought to be able to do it in my own way, right?

3:30pm -

I surrendered. I caved in and have now started a second load of dishes and a third load of laundry. The house will be clean tonight. We need a baby-sitter to come over tomorrow afternoon, so we can attend a funeral. I don't want the babysitter to report us to the health department.

1 comment:

Chip said...

good job ahd! I am also a believer in letting things accumulate to a critical mass, that's a lot more efficient I think, even if the apartment or house is not always squeaky clean 24/7. And then having guests is of course the best excuse to clean up. We make sure we have people visit at least once a year so our entire house gets vacuumed and cleaned.