Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I can't wait until February

I was outside moving the junkin' find satellite dish to the side of the house (so that the old one, which spent 2 months mounted to the top of a ladder beside the house - true redneck engineering of which I took no pictures), and hoping to get everything working before the trucks rolled by when I heard the squeal of metal and the whooosh of air brakes.

Though I got the dish installed and everything is working, I am a little sad that I didn't get it done in time for the old dish to go on the truck, so the kids and I are off to try to find a friendly pile ahead of the trucks to throw our old dish on.

And while I was finishing the dish reinstall, I got an email from my community based recycling partner:

Junkin' Season is closed! I just saw the beloved Treadmill get squashed like a grape! The compactor came by and got everything!

And now, one final picture to celebrate the success of this junkin' season.


No comments: