Thursday, July 13, 2006

T minus 6 months and counting

The kids are down for naps. And they went down easily today, since I brought out the big guns. Wallace and Gromit on the big TV for anyone who takes a decent nap. Bribery works so well on these kids. Suckers.

Anyways, this morning The Talker reminded me that he only has to nap until he is 5 years old. And today he is 4 and 1/2 years old. Dang, I was hoping he would forget. We have told him that naps can end at 5 years old so that he will be one step closer to Kindergarten. That will give us 8 months to get him used to staying awake for school hours. Heck, I am 35 and I can't do it most days.

Plus, I am hoping that he and I will get to work on academic stuff, to get him ready for school. He is already awesome at some stuff, like colors and spelling family names. Hopefully before kindergarten starts in 13 months, he will be ready to go.

I want him be buddies with the smart kids at school, you see. Then he can tell me all about it, 'cause that is certainly one place I never hung out.

2 comments:

KC said...

My girl starts KG this fall, and they schedule a nap time there. So, your heart is in the right place but are you SURE that they don't have a naptime where he'll go?

Mike said...

kc,

You, my man, are on the ball. Dunno, guess that WOULD be a smart question to ask in the next 6 months or so.