Saturday, October 27, 2007

$13 a year for wedding ring rental and maintenance?

isn't too bad is it?

I figure it this way, A dozen years ago, The Boss Lady To Be and I spent a whopping $88 on my wedding band. I wore it continuously for somewhere near 12 years and 5 weeks. I only took it off for a few days last year and we spent less and $20 to get it re-sized. Seems like some skinny guy used to wear it. And the fat guy wearing my skin did not like the ring cutting off his circulation...

Today I replaced the missing ring with a new silver band from James Avery.

The only other jewelry I ever wear is a silver acorn pendant that I have had since college. It came from the same store, so it should be a good match for my new $50 band.

All told, The Boss Lady is into my rings about $160. And considering that it is ME she is keeping, some might say it is money well spent. And all the rest of you guys can just be quiet.

2 comments:

MS CUTE PANTS said...

LOL! You got off EASY this time! My uncle lost his ring years ago & my aunt still doesn't let him forget it.

Love Bears All Things said...

Just be careful!!
Mama Bear