Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The half that got away

The Princess woke up this morning and she was begging to go to The Boss Lady's school.  Or something like that.  She was up an hour earlier than normal and I was still groggy when those major decisions were made.


Anyways, The Boss Lady took The Princess with her to work.  Those kids were only in school until noon, so I was supposed to pick up The Princess by 1pm.  They left the house at 6:30, and The Talker was riding in the carpool this morning, so I had half a day to myself.  

Or so I thought.

I was in and out of the grocery store by 8:15, leaving the biggest chunk of time unscheduled.   

Freedom!

Then I remembered what all I forgot to do yesterday.  Suddenly my free time was filled.

I needed to get some planning done for the kid's church activities, tonight.  So after working on it at home, I headed up there at 11.  The next thing I knew it was 1:10 and I instantly went from working at my own pace to being 30 minutes late getting  across town to get the girl picked up.

We got home.  We met The Talker at the bus stop and we left again to run an errand for a buddy.  We got home and now we are grabbing some quick dinner before we head out for church.

And when we get back to church I am asking Jesus something.  

What happened to my day off?!?

5 comments:

The Father of Five said...

It is truly amazing how quickly a day can disappear on you..

Anonymous said...

Day off???
Is there such a thing??? :)

Mike said...

UrbanVox:

I guess not. sigh!

FOF:

I know you know that better than most people. I'm glad you have gotten some time off lately, though.

Anonymous said...

*snort*

I don't know why you need to wait till you get to church to ask him.

I pray in the car all the time, "Dear Lord, could you please like, knock the kids out for the remainder of the drive? I mean, nothing permanent, just a little light sleepy time, that's all."

Still waiting on that answered prayer.

Anonymous said...

Prayer hard man.
Break those knees in and maybe repent some where in there for your college days....
I know I am.
KRB