Thursday, March 20, 2008

Garden '08

The veggie garden is coming back to life pretty well. I kept a few plants in the ground over the fall and winter. Several lettuce plants came up after I harvested the last of the crop over the summer. One of the survivors is a purple leafed variety. While I was out there this morning, I noticed that the purple lettuce is blooming.



Who knew that lettuce would bloom? Not me.


Here are a few other pictures from the garden. The snow peas are coming on strong. The lettuce is tasty as always and we still have enough onions to make the Russian Army cry.



And just for Terry, the garden looks a little less like a graveyard this year. The watermelon bed, in the middle of the frame, is now kind of curved and bean shaped.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I would have thought that body would have decomposed by now!!! I guess the curvature of the bed must mean he/she is rolling over in his/her grave.... And, Mr Wayne, is this how you keep the property value increasing, by killing off the bad neighbors.....hmmmmm