Friday, September 03, 2004

Izzza Friday, Y'all

First, the Thursday recap and then the plans for today and the weekend.

Thursday afternoon The Talker and I worked on the flower beds on the retaining wall while The Princess was napping. I used to grow a lot of veggies and stuff up there. Weeds were never really a problem, because I was constantly working the beds. Now that I have freakish mix of flowers, herbs, succulents, vines and onions (yes, onions, I'll tell you if The Princess stays asleep) all mixed in together in these beds - looking like an Paul James, The Gardener Guy, landscaped my yard while on an acid trip, the weeds try to take over quickly.

The Talker helped me haul weeds and herb cuttings to the brush pile and he kept watch on the water delivery truck working the neighborhood. The Boss Lady came home for a couple of hours between meetings, so AtHomeDaddy got the front yard mowed and edged. Very exciting stuff, because it was the only thing I did yesterday that could not have been done by a well-trained helper monkey.

Seriously. No monkey would ever have spent that much time on his hands and knees weeding between and under the rocks along the flowerbed edges. If my yard looked like yours, maybe I would claim it had been done by a monkey, but not mine...

And now, our plans for the weekend...












Thank you, thank you very much. I know those are some excellent plans. It will be a blast. A life changing experience for the children and pets.

On a side note: Did you know Blogger spell check tries to correct Y'all with Yale? Are they saying something about my southern education? Hell, The President of the University said "Now Y'all Git...Y'all done gots learned" at the end of my college graduation. OK, that never happened, but it would if AtHomeDaddy were the President of a University...


PS Wanna know about the onions? If not, stop reading...

The Mother of the Bride's ex mother-in-law (Aka Pop's Mom) Gave us a few onions that she had grown for years. She said her mom had some when she little. They self-propagate and are kind of cool. (The onions, not Pop's family) Anyways, these things can take over the a yard in a few years. 5 years ago I planted some and now WE'S GOTS US LOTSA ONIONS. Want some?

1 comment:

Justa Dad said...

Just wanted to say thanks for the help with the quote, it worked like a charm. Hope you and your family has great Holiday Weekend. Maybe you can open an onion stand. (AHD, and FFA Leader, I can see it now.)