Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekend recap

This was one busy week. The Boss Lady and The Talker's school year is quickly winding down. The Princess and I only have another week or so before our summer break begins.

A quick recap of our week. The Boss Lady worked. The boy had school. Luckily, that storm passed us by without even disturbing a leaf on our trees.

The wife and kids hit the pool once this week. I skipped that trip because I was going to get the yard mowed. I got distracted and started working on another project before I moved to the back yard. But the front looks awesome.

The Talker's soccer season wrapped up this morning. We are planning to enjoy our re-captured Saturday mornings this summer. And since I was coaching the team, I imagine that the kids will be glad not to have to deal with Coach Mike early on Saturday mornings.

Marge hung out in front of the house all afternoon. The best news of the whole weekend, thanks to the wife, I spent the entire afternoon playing with the old truck. If it isn't raining tomorrow, I may drive the truck to church.

Tonight Law Talking Guy and I went out and ate crawdads. 3 pounds of 'dads and I am a happy customer. I was worried that we would not manage to fit in our annual MudBug feast this year. The rest of the two families hung out here at the house and ate chicken nuggets and mac n cheese. Which was probably a lot healthier that all those crawdads.

As you can see, it was a whole lot of nothing too exciting around here. Which is exactly how I like my weekends.

2 comments:

Rick said...

We had another great camping trip this weekend. Sorry you missed it.

Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

Sounds like a pretty good weekend to me.