Monday, March 22, 2010

T Day

I have a little less than 24 hours until I take my first state exam to become a certified Special Education teacher. The major study is done. Anything that I haven’t learned, or at least reviewed, probably won’t catch my eye before 1pm Tuesday.

The Boss Lady has been doing this stuff since she started teaching, so I have had a pretty good tutor (unlike the time she tried to teach me College Algebra).

I was really nervous about the test when I went to bed last night but after studying with The Boss again this morning, I am feeling pretty good. It turns out that I do not need to score 260 points to pass the exam. A 240 score is passing. Thanks to The Boss Lady for finding that little loophole and boosting my confidence this morning.

After this test I will take some all-day Saturday classes and I will be visiting classrooms to watch the real teachers work their magic. But most important of all, once I pass the exam, I can start sending out the resumes and trying to hustle up a job for the 2010-2011 school year. Luckily, The Boss Lady has been hiring teachers for about a decade, so she might have some knowledge about that, too!

5 comments:

Chris @ CleverFather said...

So does that mean you'll be changing your blog from athomedaddy?!

Mike said...

Since I have spent 5 years working on this blog, I am pretty sure I'll keep it going right here, in some form.

The Father of Five said...

Ahhhh... Nepotism at it's finest!

You CAN NOT change AtHomeDaddy... I have WAY TOO MANY links on FOF! What a pain!

Good luck today Mike - I'm certain you will do just fine!

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Just the thought of taking an exam makes me begin to get nervous. You, I am sure, will ace it-- or at least, 240 it.

Unknown said...

good luck good sir i know you will do well

cheers
Damian Crowley