Thursday, April 03, 2008

M&M Wild Cherry. Sadness in a pretty bag

My love of M&Ms is only topped by my love of Dr Pepper. Put the two snacks together and I go into a state of enlightenment (and a mild diabetic coma).

M&Ms. I love 'em all. Al the colors, all the varieties. Peanut? check. Plain? You betcha. Almond? You know it! The caramel and crispy M&Ms? Me likee long time. Heck, I don't even hate the dark chocolate M&Ms. (I just skip over them to get to the good ones...)

So imagine an almost 40 year old dancing in the aisle of Target when I found a bag of M&M Wild Cherry. The pretty red treats wrapped in a red bad the color of God's wife's toe nail paint. This would be great!

My first clue should have been the horrendous gagging noise that The Boss Lady made when she opened the bag before we had even left the parking lot. The next clue should have been the smell I was dealt when I took my first whiff.

The third clue? That would be the funky after taste that came around before I had even bit in to my first WCM&M. Whoever approved this project at M&M/Mars should be stoned. Or maybe they WERE stoned. Munchies for Christmas candies, anyone?

Needless to say, next time you are headed this way, stop and pick up some Dr Pepper and M&Ms. I'll be your best friend, unless you bring me those naz-teee Wild Cherry things. Keep those and we will use them as slingshot ammo when we break into the local convenience store on a sugar induced bender.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do companies do this? It'd be like the Campbell's soup corporation trying to make jet engines...ya just got no bizness doin' it!

Unknown said...

Maybe Haliburton had something to do with it...

I should sugar-up and investigate.

Anonymous said...

That bad eh? How can they screw up candy? But I guess that did...

Mike said...

Yep. Bad.

Dad. Sad.

Was mad. Mad dad is sad.


Guess who has been reading a few too many kinder books?

The Father of Five said...

Virtual Package