I am an idiot. Thanks to evidence offered here and here (and numerous other places), we all know this.
But now it seems like Mother Nature and Big Pharma are trying to drive the point home. The facts surrounding my current bout of idiocy go something like this:
- I am allergic to almost everything outside. Thus, I spend about 6 or 8 hours a day outside. When the sneezing finally starts to scare away children and small birds, I take allergy medicine.
- The allergy medicine I take keeps me awake for about a week. Every. Time. I. Start. Taking. It. But once it kicks in and I stop sneezing, I forget to take it for a while. Then, with the next medicated sneezing fit, I go sleepless again.
- I started taking allergy medicine about three days ago. So I am working on a few catnaps and some snoozing on the couch right now. It has been a fun week!
- I finally got tired enough to actually go to bed at 4:20 this morning. But I kept hearing a noise. Sounded like a kid whimpering through a bad dream. After I checked on the kids, they were sleeping fine, I headed to bed.
- 4:23. The Boss Lady wakes up and figures out the source of the mystery sound.
- Kernel, the cross dressing hen, is practicing his crowing.
- Know how to stop a rooster from crowing? Eat it. Or give it away.
- Since I am now wide awake, I have been at the computer, since crow thirty. Prepping an ad for Backyardchickens.com and Craigslist.