Tuesday, December 21, 2004

AtHomeDaddy Would Starve

if the grocery bill were to be paid with his earnings from making wooden toys. Eight hours in the workshop, lotsa toys started, a few almost finished and none complete. The big problem is that when I am making stuff for my own kids or nieces and nephews, I try to make each one a little different. Also, I like to design as I work, I don't need no stinkin' blueprints. But a great idea can end up costing me a few hours to create the first time. Then I usually end up making it a second time, to make the new design look better.

Even worse, it is getting cold tonight, and I have to finish everything up Wednesday, so I may be doing a lot of the final assembly and finishing in the living room. The workshop is actually just an unheated, two car garage, and I am a wimp.

No comments: