Thursday, January 06, 2005

AtHomeDaddy Repair Service at Yer Call

AtHomeDaddy has been trying to get lots of loose ends tied up around the house before the neighbors and family invade for The Talker's 3rd birthday party.

A couple of nights ago, I started adding another swing attachment to the swingset, but one of the bolts sheared off, so that will have to wait for the weekend. The front door install is still awaiting trim, inside and out. Hopefully that will get installed and painted on Friday.

And then the list just never ends. Last night, even though I had already decided not to tackle any new projects for the evening, I found out that the kitchen faucet handle is loose and after 30 minutes, I decided that there is no easy way to tighten it up, and it is not leaking, so it is "Good enough."

Finally, as I sat down on the reclining couch, to watch The Simpson's, I pulled the recliner latch and NOTHING happened. Except a loud pop from inside the bowels of the sofa. That can't be good.

After a half hour trying to find the source of the problem and thirty minutes tracking down a source to order the cable and handle assembly, I was back on the couch.

I could have moved to the other end of the couch to rest, but it was much more comforting to pout, with my butt in its usual spot. Without any recliner action.

The good news, the manufacturer is sending the part out today, for free. Seems they understand the importance of AtHomeDaddy's TV watching spot.

No comments: