Friday, January 28, 2005

New Toys Rule!

This afternoon The Talker got a new toy for days, like yesterday, when we are stuck inside the house all day because of bad weather. Yeah, I know, his birthday was 2 weeks ago, and Christmas was only a month ago. Sue me.

A few days ago, while cruising Amazon, looking for books for a birthday present, I saw the Musini on sale.

I remember when this toy first came out. I was sad that I did not have a three year-old to use as an excuse to buy one. But five years ago it was a $40 toy, so no dice.

But I get the last laugh. 'Cause NOW I HAVE a 3 year-old and the company that made the Musini, Neurosmith, has gone out of business. I have not seen one for a long time in a store, but online retailers must be sitting on a ton of these things. After we paid for shipping, we got it for only $15.

The Talker likes it. He danced with it for half an hour. Like his other toys, he would play with it for a few minutes and then wander off to find something better. And AtHomeDaddy? A few more sessions with this thing and I might be able to quit cruising the classifieds for a treadmill. But The Princess REALLY loves it. She sat on top of the Musini and danced for an hour straight. Hopefully she will be worn out enough to sleep all night.

If not... The Musini is going to be in her bed! Seriously. If she wakes up and wants to play at from 2 am until 4:30 am, like usual, then she can! But only because this toy also has a VOLUME KNOB! Maybe the baby will dance herself back to sleep before I wake up to go fishing in the morning.

No comments: