Saturday, January 12, 2008

Hey Terry,

Did I tell you the one about the guys who quit working at the cable company and went to work in the repair shop at our nearby Saturn dealership?

Except that one well dressed guy, he went to work over at Men's Wearhouse.


Yep, my car is heading back to the shop for round 4 this morning. Terry pretty much called this one.

I picked up my car yesterday. The shop had completed a fairly lengthy re-do list that they had been working on since last Saturday. This time? The wife was cruising town with her mother in law and the AC won't work.

It is January in Texas, so of course we need the AC working. Now we are starting round 4 of what should have been a simple repair. Can you say "better be a nice loaner car"?

Want to know about the well-dressed guy? If not, stop reading and go check out a library book.

In our preparations for Maw Maw's funeral, I realized that I need a new suit. Not needing to wear one often, I only own one. And it fit great, 20 pounds ago.

Last week I walked in to Men's Wearhouse. Looked at 3 or four suits. Picked one. Made arrangements to get it altered in time for the funeral. Picked out shirts and a new tie, too.

Turns out all of that little stuff adds up quickly. Had a little sticker shock at the register. But the deed was done, so I haven't worried about it since then. We were out of there in less than 45 minutes.

I picked up my freshly altered suit last night. I was about to try it on for The Boss Lady, when I realized that the breast pocket on the jacket is torn. So right after I drop of my car for round 4 of re-repairfest, I am headed over to the torn suit store to see what they can do about it.

Somewhere in all of this hassle we have to find time to have a 6th birthday party for The Talker. At least that'll be fun. And I won't need to wear a suit.

Here is to another wild weekend.

2 comments:

Terry said...

sitting here quietly... not saying a word ! Not even smirking..... well, maybe just a little

Sorry Mike

Rick said...

Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.