Monday, January 21, 2008

Throw in, must you, the towel

The Boss Lady will be home in a few hours. If you take one look around here it is obvious that our long weekend is coming to an end. The boy has been playing Star Wars on the PlayStation since breakfast. After this, he may turn into a jedi.

The girl has watched a Barbie movie at least three times since lunch. Let's pray she doesn't turn our to be a Barbie... And I am just about to hit the bottom of my jug of Dr Pepper. But would it be so bad if I actually mutated into a 3 liter of Dr Pepper?

So we are taking the easy way out for dinner, Chick-Fil-A, here we come.

Not to say this weekend has been a total waste. We did manage to paint the girl's finger nails and toe nails. WITHOUT spilling the paint on the living room floor. Thank you very much.

The Boy has built every creation possible out of his Legos. And I managed to keep from stepping on any Legos. We also fit in a trip or two to the YMCA indoor pool. And this will be the first time we have eaten out all weekend. We did not even make a single trip to the catfish place with the doting grandma waitresses...

All in all, I would say that meets the standard for a very successful 3 and a 1/2 day weekend.

Now where is that #(!%*$&) plane?

4 comments:

Angel said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

Darren said...

Congrats on making it to the final stretch. Sorry about the toe though.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA! As a dad of two boys to a CareerMom who often travels, and did all last week, I feel your pain.

Think I'm gonna have to link your site. I may have found a kindred spirit.

-Dobe

Mike said...

Dobe-

Link away. And if your wife travels often , then you are a better man than me.

I was crying in my beers the first night she was gone.