Monday, January 07, 2008

Oh yeah. now I mamember what I was going to tell you...

It is a good thing I have a loaner car today. The dealership might be a little surprised when they get their less than100 miles on the odometer loaner car back, though.

The Talker went to play at a friend's house this morning. A last free day before school starts back in the morning. I took the chance to beg my way into a Dr's appointment for an allergy shot.

It is cedar allergy season and I will beg, buy, steal or maim someone to get into my Dr for a shot of the good stuff. But I hate going to see my Dr with 2 kids in tow. The waiting room just ain't big enough for the three of us.

The nurse offered me an 11 am visit, so The Princess and I hopped in the loaner car and cruised downtown for a shot in the butt. Then we headed home for lunch. Less than a two hour round trip.

Three hours later I was back on the same street, just 1/2 a block from my Dr's office. To visit the Pediatrician's office. That turned into a 2 and a 1/2 hour round trip, but no kids got shots. And that is all that matters, right?

If I had been in my own car I would have taken a later appointment that my Dr's office had available, just 30 minutes before The Talker's appointment. And I would have dealt with both kids in the waiting room. But with the Saturn dealership paying for today's gas and mileage, it was sure nice to entertain only one kid during my Dr's visit.

No comments: