Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rain, rain, stay off the roads

It rained off and on yesterday. Mostly off, but it did crank up pretty good for about an hour right at rush hour, delaying The Boss Lady's trip home by about 45 minutes.

You may have heard that people in Texas can't drive in winter weather, but it isn't just snow/sleet/hail/ice that boggles the brains down here. Hardly anyone can work the brake and gas pedals properly when it rains either.

When it finally started raining hard, the chicks were outside. I wasn't willing to risk getting The Boss Lady's camera wet, but chickens are dumb. It is true. They were all standing inches away from shelter, getting soaking wet, staring up at the rain clouds. It was pretty funny until I realized that I was going to have to go rescue them from the rainstorm.

Wet chickens STINK. Just in case you did not know. So the girls went immediately to the front porch to dry off for a while.

See? Big fun all the time around here. Don't you wish you were me for just one day?

Well then, how about about next Wednesday?

2 comments:

Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

At some point you have to decide if you own the chickens or the chickens own you.

I'm cracking up at the mental picture of you scrambling (sorry if that word carries a bad connotation with the chickens) around in the downpour trying to herd your chickens under cover.

AtHomeDaddy said...

The bigger issue is do I own my dumb, hair-brained ideas or do my dumb, hair-brained ideas own me.

And I think the answer is fairly obvious.