Friday, July 07, 2006

Though I am still not amazed

with MySpace, I guess I understand a little better why people like it. Just for grins I searched through and found 10 or so people who I graduated from high school with. Considering there were less than 350 of us in the class of 88, I guess that is a decent percentage of people who will still claim BHS.

But of course, I was such a geek, and not in the good at math and about to make a million bucks in the tech industry sort of way, that I recognize some of these people in their profile pictures, but I doubt if I ever spoke to most of them. And some of my classmates on MySpace, I don't have a clue who they were.

When I searched my college graduation class I only found one person I remember. But there were 10 different ways to explain what our degree program was called to other people. And I have only searched a couple of those.

On the upside, I think I found one of my best buddies from high school. He was younger than me, so I just kind of stumbled onto his profile. But when I saw his picture, I knew it was him.

I think. He hasn't yet responded to a message I sent last night.

In the end, I have had fun searching through some of my old memories, but when it comes down to it, I hate the MySpace search features. But as KB pointed out, free is free. And I am getting what I pay for.

Edit - By the way, it was my pal from HS School. He emailed an hour ago. Now we just have to find a time to hook up. That shouldn't be too hard, he only lives an hour away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand how you could look at myspace pages for that long. Everyone one I see makes a circa 1997 geocities page look like website of the year.

sky said...

it's not as free as it might seem. there's a reason rupert murdoch paid $385 million dollars for it last July or whatever/whenever it was he bought it. cheers though, i use it as well, just be aware.

keep up the blogging though! nice work!

Mike said...

You are certainly right about theet look of MySpace. And how did I lose an evening there? Still don't really know.

But I bet I won't lose too many more.

Susan Godfrey said...

Mike, I'll have to check out your My space this weekend sometime :)

Thanks for the comment on my blog, your thoughts and prayers mean alot.

BTW, tell KB hello and that he's a dork :)