Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Let Me Sing You a Lullaby

This morning we went to play at a park close to our house. The SAHDs group was meeting there and we know most of the neighbors who play there, too. Did not want to miss a chance to play with lots of kids, only 1/2 a mile from home,even more so at $2.30 a gallon.

We played for 90 minutes and headed out when The Princess was sitting under the playscape, rubbing her head. This is the international sign for 'I am tired and I want a nap, so get me outta here!"

While walking back to the car, she put her head on my shoulder and got a head start on naptime. I was singing 'You are My Sunshine' to help her get to sleep.

The Talker first told me that I had to stop singing because "that song is for when it is dark". I kept singing, he kept protesting. His final argument won.

"Daddy, stop. You make people sick and sleepy when you sing."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

out of the mouths of babes...

sparkydiva said...

i wish i could get someone to sing me to sleep in the car...but then i'd probably run in to someone, and that wouldn't be good!
~b

Mike said...

I know the boy speaks the truth. But it still hurts to hear it.

Wahhh.