Friday, June 17, 2005

Skipping the Road Trip

The wife and kids headed out of town yesterday. They will be back this evening. Since it was a quick trip, I decided to stay home and knock out a few things on the To Do list.

Here is the list of things I planned to get done in 36 hours.

Laundry - Wash, dry, fold and put away all of the dirty clothes
Washing - The dishes and The Boss Lady's car
Waxing - Her car
Mowing - The backyard, weedeating too
Vacuuming - The entire house
Steam Cleaning - All of the bedroom carpets
Hanging - The Talker's curtain
Painting - The accent wall in the living room
Watching - A good movie
Listening - To the stereo, LOUD and late

What I actually accomplished is much more exciting. For me anyways.

But my list was not a complete waste. I did listen to the stereo loud, but not until this morning. I was sleeping off a late movie. A good one? Not really. I looked for something good in our collection, but the best I could come up with was, The Incredibles.

And besides, they aren't coming home for a few hours. I still might get my list finished...

No comments: